Friday, June 22, 2007

I'm an Idiot

Yesterday sucked. After a terrible day at work and dealing with my most difficult client to date, I got stuck in the freakin' elevator with Jackson. I have never had a problem with sweating, but I was pouring more than Whitney Houston in that place. My hair was drenched, my clothes soaked and sticking to me, and I can probably imagine the odors that were radiating off me. I have never been so embarrassed in my life.

Jackson was great. He kept trying to make comfortable conversation to get me to loosen up and relaxed. I know he was probably silently praying to be let out of that darn elevator before I drown us both with my sweat. But, he never took those eyes off me and he even smiled at me a couple of times. Just when I was about to really freak out, he reached out and ran his hand down my heavily perspired arm and assured me that everything would be okay.

I don't know what it is about that man that sends my hormones into overload. Every time I see him, my heart skips a beat and break all at the same time. I know that I will never have a man like Jackson. I know that I will never have Jackson, but sometimes, it feels good to just imagine. I am a prisoner of hope and a casualty of disappointment. I am simply a mess.

We were stuck in the elevator for about 10 minutes but it was the longest 10 minutes in my life. Afterwards, he drove me home and actually told me that I did great today. Is he on drugs? I completely freaked and came loose at the seams. But, it was nice of him to lie to me.

No comments: