Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Interesting People

Today was like any other day. I got up, got dressed, got laughed at as I landed face first in a pile of mud. What is wrong with this country when people falling down and injuring themselves is a form of entertainment?

Well, I saw Jackson today. Did I not tell you who Jackson was? Well, he is the super-hot photographer that I use for many of my events. Contrary to what you might have heard around the offices of Grand Parties Inc., I do not hire him all the time because I have a major 'jones' for him and is harboring fantasies of him pulling me into a coat closet. He really is a very good photographer; probably the best in the area.

Anyway, he came in to talk about this weekend's shindig and I waste coffee all over my shirt. It's his eyes; he stares at you with those dark eyes with so much intensity it makes me nervous. Do you know what I am talking about? Have you ever had anyone look at you as if you are the only person in the world that matters at that moment? I don't get those kind of looks often, so they send me over the edge when I get them.

And, it is not as if I am disillusioning myself. I know that he doesn't have any romantic interest in me. He looks at everyone like that; I know this because I've watched him looking at other people the same way. He just.....he has this way of making you feel as if you deserve his undivided attention every time he talks to you. I really love that about him. (wait a minute, did I say love?)

That is the only thing that really happened to me....oh, wait a minute....I did meet this little old lady on the train today. I sat next to her on the ride to work. I was really hesitant to talk to her at first, but she turned out to be really interesting. She is a widow and all she does is ride the train all day looking for people to talk to. I know it sounds weird, but what makes her different from all of you people who have blogs and is on MySpace or one of those online things that you peruse for hours looking for human contact? What makes her different from me? Yeah, I sit up in my one bedroom apartment and declare that I don't need anyone, but look at me now. Here I am typing out all my intimate thoughts for the world to see, hoping today would be the day that I get at least one comment. It's sad; we're all just so so sad.

No comments: